Search This Blog

Ungrateful Son


A Folktale from East Java

JATUR and Menur are twins. Jantur is a boy and Menur is a girl. Jantur and Menur are very different. Jantur is lazy and gets angry easily. When Jantur is angry, he always says bad things. On the other hand, Menur is kind, diligent, and patient girl.

Not long after that, Jantur suffers a disease. His body is full of tumors. It’s very bad. Nobody wants to see him. He looks very ugly. Jantur realizes that God punishes him. He regrets. Then he leaves his house to look for his parents and his sister.

Finally he finds them. He asks for their forgiveness. 

“I’m sorry, Mom and Dad. I’m sorry Menur. I have done bad things to you all. Now please forgive me,” Jantur says.

“We all already forgave you, Son. Everyday we pray for you. Now God hears our pray. Come here…” Mom then hugs Jantur.

Suddenly all the tumors in Jantur’s body are gone! Jantur is very happy.

“Thank you, God! Thank you, Mom, Dad, and Menur. I promise I will be a good person.***

Pulau Merah, East Java


No comments:

Post a Comment

VIEW FOR MORE IMAGES BELOW

THUMBNAILS 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 910 |

The Faithful Tiger